|Place of Origin:||CHINA|
|Minimum Order Quantity:||0.001-25TON|
|Payment Terms:||L/C, T/T, Western Union, MoneyGram|
|Supply Ability:||1-10ton per month|
|Description:||Lithium Carbonate||CAS NO:||554-13-2|
|Molecular Weight:||73.89||Molecular Formula:||Li2CO3|
Lithium carbonate is a free-flowing, odorless white powder.
It is an inorganic compound, the lithium salt of carbonate with the formula Li
2CO3. This white salt is widely used in the processing of metal oxides.
For the treatment of bipolar disorder, it is on the World Health Organization's List of
Essential Medicines, the most important medications needed in a basic health
|Li2CO3||Item||Industrail Grade 99%||Battery Grade 99.5%||High Purity Grade 99.9%|
Insoluble in HCL
►Properties and reactions
Unlike sodium carbonate, which forms at least three hydrates, lithium carbonate
exists only in the anhydrous form.Its solubility in water is low relative to other lithium
salts. The isolation of lithium from aqueous extracts of lithium ores capitalizes on
this poor solubility. Its apparent solubility increases 10-fold under a mild pressure of
carbon dioxide; this effect is due to the formation of the metastable bicarbonate,
which is more soluble:
Li2CO3 + CO2 + H2O ⇌ 2 LiHCO3
The extraction of lithium carbonate at high pressures of CO2 and its precipitation
upon depressuring is the basis of the Quebec process.Lithium carbonate can also
be purified by exploiting its diminished solubility in hot water. Thus, heating a
saturated aqueous solution causes crystallization of Li
2CO3.Lithium carbonate, and other carbonates of group 1, do not decarboxylate
readily. Li2CO3 decomposes at temperatures around 1300 °C.
Extended use of lithium to treat various mental disorders has been known to lead to
acquired nephrogenic diabetes insipidus.
• Glasses derived from lithium carbonate are useful in ovenware.
• Lithium carbonate is a common ingredient in both low-fire and high-fire ceramic
• Its alkaline properties are conducive to changing the state of metal oxide
colorants in glaze particularly red iron oxide (Fe2O3).
• Cement sets more rapidly when prepared with lithium carbonate, and is useful
for tile adhesives.
• When added to aluminium trifluoride, it forms LiF which gives a superior
electrolyte for the processing of aluminium.
• It is also used in the manufacture of most lithium-ion battery cathodes, which
are made of lithium cobalt oxide.
T/T 30% deposit ,70% paid by copy B/L.
1. How did you check the quality of product ?
Of course we can provide free sample ,but you need you to prepaid the express
freight to your city.
2. What's your delivery time?
Usually we will arrange the shipment in 3 -15 days, due to different products you
3. How many years have your company sell chemicals in this industry ?
More than 25 years , we have good reputation .
4. Why choose our company?
We are professional company ,we have been exporting this product for more than
25 years.Wehave specialized term work .
5. What payment tearms you can accept ?
We can accept T/T or LC at sight ,and 30% advance payment +70% dp at sight
LC , moneygram.
Contact Person: anny