|Place of Origin:||CHINA|
|Minimum Order Quantity:||1-25ton|
|Delivery Time:||3-15days after you paid deposit|
|Payment Terms:||L/C, T/T, Western Union|
|Supply Ability:||100TON PER MONTH|
|Description:||Dipotassium Carbonate||Density:||2.43 G/mL At 25 °C|
|Apearance:||White Powder||PH:||11.5-12.5 (50g/l, H2O, 20℃)|
|Water Solubility:||1120 G/L (20 ºC)||Sensitive:||Hygroscopic|
Dipotassium carbonate power light or dense can be used as a mild drying agent K2CO3
Dipotassium carbonate (molecular formula: K2CO3), is a White, very
deliquescent powder. It can be dissolved in water to form a strongly alkaline
solution.However, it is insoluble in organic solvents such as ethanol.
It has wide applications.
• It can be used as a drying agent, buffering agent and a source of potassium in
• It can also be used for the manufacturing of fire extinguishers, soap, glass, and
• In addition, it is also used during the production of cocoa powder to balance pH.
• Moreover, it can be supplied to effervescent tablets which can conveniently
provide potassium when there are low levels of potassium in the blood for patients
caused by various kinds of factors.
• In industry, potassium carbonate is manufactured though first performing
electrolysis of potassium chloride to generate potassium hydroxide, followed by
reaction with carbon dioxide to derive the product.
Dipotassium carbonate is produced by the following methods of manufacture:
• Description By electrolysis of potassium chloride followed by exposing the resultant
potassium to carbon dioxide;
• By treating a solution of potassium hydroxide with excess carbon dioxide to
produce potassium carbonate;
• By treating a solution of potassium hydroxide with carbon dioxide to produce
potassium bicarbonate, which is then heated to yield potassium carbonate.
|Item||Fine Grade||Technical Grade||First Grade|
Dipotassium carbonate powder or granular can be used as a mild drying agent K2CO3 .
Hand protection: handle with gloves.
Eye protection: safety glasses.
Skin and body protection: choose body protection according to the amount and
concentration of the dangerous substance at the work place.
Handle in accordance with good industrial hygiene and safety practice. Wash
hands before breaks and at the end of workday.
Accidental release measures. Use personal protective equipment. Avoid dust
formation. Avoid breathing dust.
If breathed in, move person into fresh air. If not breathing give artificial respiration
Consult a physician. In case of skin contact, wash off with soap and plenty of water.
Consult a physician. In case of eye contact, rinse thoroughly with plenty of water for
at least 15 minutes and consult a physician.
If swallowed, never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
Rinse mouth with water. Consult a physician.
Dry. Separated from strong acids.
Storage Conditions Keep tightly closed.
Potassium carbonate is stored in bunkers; the ventilation air must be dry because
of the hydroscopicity of the product.
Keep container tightly closed in a dry and well-ventilated place.
Contact Person: anny