Shanghai Yixin Chemical Co., Ltd.
Only quality posesses market, improvement gets progress
|Place of Origin:||CHINA|
|Minimum Order Quantity:||Negotiable|
|Packaging Details:||50kg/pp bag 20FCL:25MT|
|Delivery Time:||3-12 working days|
|Payment Terms:||T/T, Western Union, L/C, D/P|
|Supply Ability:||3000 ton per month|
|Other Name:||Sodium Borate||CAS NO:||1303-96-4|
|Molecular Weight:||381.37||HS CODE:||2840190000|
Sodium tetraborate is the refined form of natural sodium borate. Composed of
boric oxide (B2O3), sodium oxide, and water, it is a mild, alkaline salt, white and
crystalline, with excellent buffering and fluxing properties. Available in powder or
granular form.Borax Decahydrate is an important multifunctional source of B2O3,
particularly for processes in which the simultaneous presence of sodium is
beneficial.Borax decahydrate , also known as sodium borate, is an important
boron compound, a mineral, and a salt of boric acid.Powdered borax is white,
consisting of soft colorless crystals that dissolve easily in water.
|Properties||White power or crystal granular|
sodium tetraborate was first discovered in dry lake beds in Tibet and was
imported via the Silk Road to the Arabian Peninsula in the 8th Century
AD. Borax first came intocommon use in the late 19th century whenFrancis
Marion Smith's Pacific Coast Borax Company began to market and popularize a
large variety of applications.Borax is a component of many detergents,
cosmetics, and enamel glazes. It is used to make buffer solutions in
biochemistry, as a fire retardant, as an anti-fungal compound, in the manufacture
of fiberglass, as a flux in metallurgy,neutron-capture shields for radioactive
sources, a texturing agent in cooking, as a precursor for other boron compounds,
and along with its inverse, boric acid, is useful as an insecticide.In artisanal gold
mining, the borax method is sometimes used as a substitutefor toxic mercury in
the gold extraction process. Borax was reportedly used by gold miners in parts of
the Philippines in the 1900s.
Borax occurs naturally in evaporite deposits produced by the repeated
found in Turkey; Boron, California; and Searles Lake, California. Also, borax
the Atacama desert in Chile, newly discovered deposits in Bolivia, and in
Tibet and Romania. Borax can also be produced synthetically from other
boron compounds.Naturally occurring borax is refined by a process of
• Curing agent for salmon eggs, for use in sport fishing for salmon
• Swimming pool buffering agent to control PH
• Neutron absorber, used in nuclear reactors and spent fuel pools to control
reactivity and to shut down a nuclear chain reaction.
• As a micronutrient fertilizer to correct boron-deficient soils.
• Preservative in taxidermy.
• To clean the brain cavity of a skull for mounting.
• To color fires with a green tint.
• Was traditionally used to coat dry-cured meats such as hams to protect them
from becoming fly-blown during further storage.
• Found in some commercial vitamin supplements.
• For stopping car radiator and engine block leaks
• Used by blacksmiths in forge welding
• Used as a woodworm treatment (diluted in water)
• Used in the treatment or prevention of wood rot in classic wood boats.
Contact Person: anny